In June I (Natasha) went to New York and made a stop at my bagel Mecca, Russ & Daughters. I had a sesame bagel with horseradish dill cream cheese, and it was so damn good I had to recreate it at home. Julianna and I made it at home by adding horeseradish & dill to regular cream cheese and piling on a ton of veggies. I would be lying to you if I said I had only one bagel while we were recipe testing… Ok, enough blabbing, here is the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated horseradish
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (+ more to taste)
- 4 bagels (we used sesame)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tomatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup fresh sprouts, washed well
- 1 red onion, sliced into thin rounds
Directions: Combine the horseradish, dill, cream cheese and salt. Taste and add more salt if you need (this will really depend on how salty the bagels are). Slice and toast the bagels and build your sandwich. We like to spread cream cheese on both sides and add the avocado, then the cucumbers, then red onion, then tomato and lastly sprouts. Serve and enjoy!