No joke, these bowls will keep you full and energized for hours. Packed with protein, vegetables, and healthy fats, this meal is surprisingly only 400 calories per serving. It’s delicious the next day too, just keep the lettuce separate and cut the avocado right before you want to eat.
- 1 rotisserie chicken breast, shredded
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped with seeds removed
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups any salad ingredients you have on hand (we used romaine lettuce, purple cabbage and red peppers)
- a handful of pumpkin seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat a small pot over a medium flame and add olive oil. Combine the onion, garlic, jalapeno, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl and pour half into the pot and stir. Cook until aromatic and the onions start to become translucent.
While this process is happening, start making the salsa. Add the chopped tomato and cilantro to the second half of the onion mixture, salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
Once the onion, garlic & jalapeno in the pot are soft and aromatic, add the can of beans and the honey and stir. Cook until the honey is melted and add salt and pepper to taste.
In two large salad bowls, pile on the greens, chicken, pico de gallo, beans (once cool enough), pumpkin seeds, and freshly cut avocado and enjoy!
Wanna watch our video of us making this? CLICK ME.