The Godfather: A Meal To Die For
Corleone Family Meatballs
This will become one of your go-to recipes for many reasons! It’s easy to make for large groups and it freezes really well. The meatballs are moist, flavorful, and dairy free.
In a large bowl combine the shallot, garlic, salt, chili flakes, black pepper, parsley, ground beef, breadcrumbs and eggs. Mix with a spoon (or your hands) until well-combined. Heat a large pan over medium heat with a just enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. While the oil is heating, form your meatballs. Try to make the meatballs about an inch and a half in diameter, or just larger than a golf ball. Brown the meatballs in the hot oil on all sides and then cover with both jars of sauce. Place a lid on the pan and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cook for fifteen minutes on one side, and then flip the meatballs and cook for another fifteen minutes. Serve with spaghetti and garnish with fresh torn basil.
- 1/2 cup shallot, minced
- 10 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 pounds of ground beef (preferably 80/20)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs of choice
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- 2 jars or 4.5 cups of tomato sauce (preferably tomato basil)
- Fresh basil