The Godfather: A Meal To Die For
Italian Chopped Salad
We believe that a delicious and fresh salad is a fantastic addition to any meal. This recipe is packed full of nutritious vegetables, but it also incorporates traditional Italian cheeses and a rich and bold dressing guaranteed to please even the pickiest of salad eaters.
The first step is to make your dressing. Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until emulsified. Refrigerate until serving.
To prepare the salad, combine all of the chopped ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Pour on your dressing and toss the salad to combine. If you want to keep some of the salad as leftovers, make sure to set some aside before you add the dressing!
And that's it! Enjoy your salad with our Corleone Family Meatballs and a glass of your favorite red wine.
- 1 avocado, diced
- 5 pepperoncini, diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup basil, julienned
- 2/3 cup provolone cheese, cubed (optional)
- 2/3 cup of fresh mozzarella, cubed (optional)
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4th teaspoon salt
- 1/8th teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey