True Blood: Oven Baked Southern Favorites
Blood Red Rum Cocktail
The Hurricane is a classic cocktail of New Orleans. It is sweet, cool, fruity and deliciously addictive. Make a lasting impression on your friends with our tasty version! We’ve cut out a some of the sugar dyed it bright red, making it perfect to sip on while watching season 6 of True Blood.
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Make sure not to over blend or your ice will melt! Add 10-20 drops of red food coloring if you want your drink to be True Blood red. Serve in hurricane glasses and garnish with paper umbrellas and orange slices.
- 4.5 ounces light rum (Flor de Cana extra dry white rum)
- 3 oz dark rum (we like Myer's)
- 6 oz passion fruit juice (Ceres passion fruit juice)
- 3 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1.5 oz orange juice
- ¾ oz honey
- 3 oz grenadine (we like Sonoma Syrup Company pomegranate grenadine)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cups of ice
- Red food dye (optional)
- Orange slice for garnish