Granola is one of our favorite breakfast foods. Pair it with yogurt, milk, fruit, or throw some in a ziplock and keep it in your purse for emergency snacking. This recipe also includes our latest obsession: Truvia. It’s a mix of stevia and erythritol (a sugar alcohol derived from plants that is low on the glycemic index and calorie-free). Truvia is easy to find at most grocery stores and is not as bitter as most stevia-based sweeteners. We use it in this recipe and we promise that once you try it, you won’t miss your sugar laden granola recipe.
- 3 cups rolled oats (if you’re gluten intolerant, make sure to buy oats processed in a gluten free facility)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 10 packets Truvia – (or 2 T and 1.5 teaspoons)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie blend spice
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla beans (optional)
Mix all ingredients and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour or until browned, stirring occasionally. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Makes 5 cups of granola